Saturday, September 03, 2011

YEP, THE ZEPHYR WAS IN 1934

Awhile back, I posted a view of some trains at the "Century of Progress Exposition, reposted below:


It prompted this reply from Randy:

Bob, the "Century of Progress" was the 1933/34 world fair held in Chicago, at which the Burlington's Pioneer Zephyr was also introduced. Since your postcard does not have the Zephyr (which was on display during the summer of 1934) I think it's from 1933.

I was recently rummaging through the post card collection and sure enough, there was a card with the Zephyr shown and dated as 1934:



It takes hours to go though the collection just once, so it's not surprising that I missed this card earlier.

I have often thought to index and organize all the cards, but I don't think I have enough time left to to that on top of the other things I'm trying to finish up.

Truthfully, I'm just to lazy to do it.

No comments: