Saturday, January 07, 2017

BIG BOY, LITTLE LADY

It always surprises me those rails haven't sunk into the ground

Shows just how big a Union Pacific "Big boy" was. This one is at the Forney Museum in  Colorado.
Wife was 5" 4", about the height as one of those drivers. She was often with me on my railroad excursions and enjoyed them almost as much as me.

Same visit, different locomotive

When I went on one of my "photo and measurement" trips, she would always come along with the yardstick:





It was wonderful to have a wife that enjoyed my hobby as well as I. Good times, good times.

2 comments:

Isambard Kingdom Brunel said...

Lovely blog!
Are the drawings available somewhere?

Anonymous said...

Hello! I really enjoyed your blog, and the insight it gave into the mechanical inner workings of the K-36, along with all of your other adventures! I'm glad that I was able to read through your posted insights, and I hope that you are doing well in the world of today!